Cowboy knives, often referred to as "cowboy pocket knives" or "western-style knives," can be constructed from various materials depending on their intended use, style, and quality. Common materials used in the construction of cowboy knives include:
Blade Steel: The blade is typically made from various types of steel. High-carbon stainless steel, carbon steel, and Damascus steel are commonly used. Each type of steel has its own properties, such as sharpness, durability, and rust resistance.
Handle Materials: Cowboy knife handles can be crafted from a variety of materials, including:
- Wood: Common woods used for handles include hardwoods like walnut, rosewood, and oak.
- Bone: Often, cow bone is used for traditional and rustic-looking handles.
- Horn: Cowhorn and stag horn can be used for handles, giving the knife a natural and textured appearance.
- Micarta or G-10: Modern cowboy knives may have handles made from composite materials like Micarta or G-10, which offer durability and a non-slip grip.
- Mother-of-Pearl or Abalone: These materials are used for more decorative or collectible knives.
Bolsters and Liners: Many cowboy knives have bolsters (metal collars) and liners (metal layers within the handle) made of brass, nickel silver, or stainless steel. These add structural integrity and enhance the knife's aesthetics.
Sheath: Some cowboy knives come with leather sheaths for carrying and protection.
Regarding KBS Knives Store, my knowledge is limited to what was available up to September 2021, and I do not have specific information about this store or its current offerings. However, KBS Knives Store is likely to offer a range of cowboy knives made from various materials to cater to different preferences and needs. You can visit their website or contact them directly to explore their current inventory and learn more about the specific materials and craftsmanship used in their cowboy knives. It's essential to research and inquire about the materials and construction of any knife you are interested in to ensure it meets your requirements and expectations.